Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dreams.

I've always liked Shark Week. Maybe that's because I've always liked sharks. Though I haven't watched the Shark Week marathons in years, I suspect that the recent commercials may have inspired the dream I had last night.

I'm definitely used to having strange dreams, and this one was no exception. I'm not entirely sure how it started, but before I knew it I was swimming with an orca whale. Not just me, but a whole field trip of people in wet suits, rubbing our bodies all over Free Willy. As if I know how to swim well enough to just be cruising the ocean with nothing more than some Miss Frizzle tour guide between me and a gigantic sea beast.

Next I found myself pregnant, insistent on showing everyone and their mother a camera phone picture I took of the positive pregnancy test. Because apparently friends and family require some sort of proof when you share with them your good news.

The final chapter revolved around being lost in a big city. My gut tells me it was Vegas, but my dream-brain is really pushing that it was supposed to be New York or Paris. Since I have never been to New York OR Paris, I can't really argue, now can I? Anyway, I was wondering aimlessly until I found both an Old Navy and Children's Place and decided to do some shopping. The only way to the stores was some kind of shuttle-elevator so I hopped on. Next thing I knew it was flipping us 360 degrees every time it went up a floor. Upside down with no windows for protection. When you got off, it scooted you down a chute that was very reminiscent of a roller coaster, and suddenly my brother-in-law Carl, and other familiar faces, were with me. Carl was rambling about some girl he messed around with back in the day, which I am pretty certain is not a true story. Anyway, I don't think I ever got to that damn mall, because I somehow ended up helping a group of people inside a museum move enough food to feed an army from the bottom to the top level of the world's largest bunk bed. Don't ask.

Yes folks, this was one dream, and yes I have recited it back as accurately as I can recall. Unfortunately I was awakened before it concluded, but really-- can a dream like that HAVE a conclusion?


************************************************
Dream Interpretations from dreammoods.com
************************************************

Killer Whale
To see a killer whale in your dream, indicates that you need to be more social or more vocal about something. Step up and speak up. Alternatively, the dream symbolizes spiritual guidance. You are ready to explore your emotions, but you need to make the connection between the conscious and unconscious aspects of yourself.

Pregnancy Test
To dream that you are taking a pregnancy test, indicates that you are entering a new phase in your life (a new job, relationship, etc.) You feel that you are being put to the test as to whether you are prepared or ready for these changes. Alternatively, this dream may be literal in meaning and address your anxieties/fears of getting pregnant.

Shopping
To dream that you cannot find what you are shopping for, suggests that you are trying to find a solution to some life problem.

Roller Coaster
To dream that you are riding a roller coaster, represents life's frequent ups and downs in your waking life. You are experiencing erratic behavior brought on by yourself or a situation.

Bunk Beds
To see bunk beds in your dream, represent childhood and innocence. Alternatively, it may refer to diverging and conflicting views of sexuality. You may have difficulties expressing your needs and desires.

0 comments:

Post a Comment